Easy to Read Maps to View, Print or Scan
Whatever your directory and wayfinding needs, DynaTouch has a solution for you. It begins with our TIPS Directory/Wayfinding™ software, which offers a comprehensive solution allowing visitors, customers and staff to easily look-up and select destinations, departments, amenities, services, or personnel. They are then presented with colorful, easy-to-read, maps that have animated paths and/or written, turn-by-turn directions, beginning from their location to their selected destination.
Your visitors can then choose to take the maps and directions with them either by printing them from the kiosk or scanning them onto their smart phones using QR tag technology. In addition to colorful maps and directions, options are available to present corresponding Internet/intranet web links, photos, audio clips, videos, virtual tours and/or multimedia displays.
Our solutions are scalable, offering you options ranging from simple, static floor maps for basic directory needs, to complex multi-building or large-scale campus and off-campus wayfinding needs. They can be developed either as:
- a stand-alone kiosk solution, or
- integrated into a more comprehensive information kiosk, or
- integrated into your website.
TIPS Directory / Wayfinding™ Software
Kiosk User Interface Module
- Intuitive, touch-friendly design
- Interfaces with backend content database
- Completely customizable, scalable for large to small facilities
- Multiple language capability
- Displays colorful maps with animated routes and/or written directions
- Customizable search options; alphabetically, by topic, by key word, etc.
- Optional one-touch print feature
- Built-in QR codes for each map display
- Can be scanned by any smart phone or tablet
- Allows patients and visitors to take maps with them
- Maps designed for display on any mobile device
- Easy editing by non-technical personnel, remotely updated
- Accessible via TIPS Cloud™ or installed on Client server
- Password-protected, multiple security levels
- Publisher tool that triggers kiosk to pull new data automatically
- Allows patients/visitors to access content before they arrive
- Can be integrated into Client’s existing website
- Uses same content database as kiosk
Kiosk Management Software
All TIPS kiosks are powered by TIPS Kiosk Management Software™, our proprietary secure browser / lock-down software which:
- Manages user sessions and day-to-day interaction
- Restricts access to unauthorized sites
- Logs system 'heartbeat'
- Tracks and reports usage statistics
- Allows for remote updates on any day at any time
- And much, much more!
TIPS software has already been approved to operate on some of the most secure healthcare and government networks that exist, including the Military Health System and Defense Health Agency, VA, SSA, FBI and others.
TIPS kiosks also come with a subscription to TIPS Cloud™, our password-protected web-based Customer Service Center, where authorized administrators can:
- view system status
- view and print system usage data
- receive automatic email reports
- upload new screen savers
- manage authorized URLs
- submit content change requests
- submit problem notices
TIPS Cloud also provides access to our TIPS Directory Editor™ software module which allows you to manage, revise and update wayfinding content on your own. Alternatively, options are also available to install this administrative module on your own server.
Non-technical staff can easily:
- add new destinations
- revise routes with a simple point-and-click routing tool
- update directions and display data
- upload new map images
- and more.
Enclosures, Hardware, Services & Support
DynaTouch can fulfill all of your Self-Service Electronic Directory / Wayfinding requirements with our OneSource Solutions™ package, which includes all of the hardware, software, services and support needed for a fully-integrated, ready-to-run, turnkey system. Or, if you already have hardware or a preferred hardware vendor, just let us know!
- Kiosks, tablets, workstations
- Upright, sit-down, wall-mount, countertop models
- Multitude of peripheral device options
- Comprehensive deployment and support services
Building / Hospital Directory Module
Manage and present comprehensive information about building facilities, programs and services. Using an alphabetical keypad presented on the screen, users touch the first letter of their desired destination. Optionally, they can look up destinations by topic/category. Each item in the directory database can include a description, floor number, room number, telephone number, plus links to wayfinding maps/directions, Internet/intranet web pages, photos, audio clips, videos, virtual tours and/or multimedia displays.
Personnel / Physician Directory Module
Manage and present a comprehensive directory of physicians, providers and/or personnel in one or more buildings. It includes the individual's last name, first name, department, plus the floor, room and/or suite number of their office. Using an alphabetical keypad presented on the screen, users touch the first letter of the individual's last name, then select from a list of persons whose last name starts with that letter. Optionally, they can select 'All Individuals' and scroll up and down the entire list. Once an individual is selected, their department, floor, room and/or suite number is immediately presented. When additional information on the individual is available, the user can touch the 'More Info' button to view either a full-page multimedia screen or an Internet/intranet web page.
Campus / Military Base Directory Module
Manage and present comprehensive information for multiple buildings and facilities across your campus or military base/post. Data can be managed by area, region, or campus. Using an alphabetical keypad presented on the screen, users touch the first letter of their desired destination. Optionally, they can look up destinations by area, by region, by building number, and/or other custom topics/categories. Each item in the directory database can include a description, an area or campus designation, building name and number, street address, floor number, room number, telephone number, plus links to wayfinding maps/directions, Internet/intranet web pages, photos, audio clips, videos, virtual tours and/or multimedia displays.
Auto-Dial Telephone Module
This module initiates automatic dialing of authorized phone numbers in the display content. Users pick up the telephone handset attached to the kiosk, then touch the 'Auto-Dial' button and dialing is initiated by the software. If multiple phone numbers are being displayed on the screen for the selected item, only the first number will be dialed. Client is responsible for all telephone connectivity, line and access arrangements associated with the use of this feature. A standard analog or digital telephone line is required at each kiosk location.
Brooke Army Medical Center Hospital DirectoryClick here for video
DynaTouch worked closely with the Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), to develop a customized directory/wayfinding kiosk solution to meet BAMC-specific requirements. Our services included project management, consultation, content development, graphic design, installation training and ongoing support. The hardware solution included six (6) upright ruggedized kiosks to be located at each hospital entrance. Each system was outfitted with 55" portrait-mounted monitors with infrared touchscreens. The overall solution was designed to provide:
- touchscreen interaction, with easy wheelchair access, compatible with prosthetics
- 24/7 unattended operation at each hospital main entry point
- an intuitive mainmenu and welcoming attract loop graphics
- colorful, attractive, easy to read 3D maps
- dynamically generated animated routes with turn-by-turn directions to over 350 destinations
- QR codes for every map for easy take away by Smart Phones
- easy editing by staff after system deployment
- no dependence on outside connectivity or support
- integration into their existing architecture and government-owned servers
- secure , DoD-approved TIPS™ Kiosk Management Software to prevent unauthorized operations